happy new year people. jan 2nd is definitely not one of my favorite days of the year. it’s just such a gloomy day. my siblings leave to go back to their ‘other’ lives. work begins again and the worst? - DECEMBER (for what i waited an entire year for) is over.
how did you celebrate your new year? i spent it at a close friends place and had a quiet time. a good change
BUT 2012 will forever be tagged in my head as one of my favorite years …. a few reasons why (in no particular order):
in 2012 I…
* traveled a lot. to new york city, d.c., florida, delaware, turkey, srinagar and goa! and if you’ve been reading my blog you know i love traveling.
* started this awesome blog. even though i do say so myself ;) i enjoy blogging and when i’m sad at all, i go through the blog it makes me happier and more grateful for everything i have been blessed with.
* fell in love with my job. if there is such a thing as truly loving your job that is. well this is the closest i can get to it.
* fell is love with my friends. i mean in 2011 i did like them a lot. but love? i wasn’t too sure about that.
* met so many new people. made so many new friends. all very cool.
* watched a few of my closest friends get married and learned that i’m getting old!
* learned to just let things happen in life that weren’t on my “schedule”
* discovered cafe zoe and made it a point to go there every week ;p sometimes twice a week
* discovered my love for house music and no, not just coz it’s ‘cool’ to like house music. i just really do love it. ohh and i discovered my love for concerts.
i am now looking forward for 2013 because (again in no particular order) ….
* summer will come again… and so will december
* my other best friend is getting married!
* i will learn cooking and photography (it happens to be my new year resolution)
* take a two month sabbatical from work and travel and spend time with my family in US (okay this is starting to be more of a wish-list than a resolution)
* will learn a new language (new year resolution again)
* just be more GRATEFUL. and happy.
2013, please be as awesome. if not more